Monday 24 September 2012

Luggage Labelling


Whilst at Gatwick Airport I was amazed to see how many people advertise their names, addresses and telephone numbers on their luggage.

With some people I suspect it is a habit acquired many years ago when we were less security conscious.

By all means have a destination label giving the hotel and your surname, but put your own details INSIDE the suitcase or bag.  As we can no longer lock our luggage when flying, an outer label with this information isn’t necessary.

Obviously with so many identical suitcases I know some people are asking, "How will I recognize my luggage?”  Tie something colourful to the handle and use a label with your own private code. 

Pack carefully, travel safely, and have fun knowing that you aren’t telling undesirable characters where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment